This recipe is flexible and delicious. Success with meal-prep requires thinking about the flexibility of a recipe. This can take some practice, but hang out with us for a while and you'll get the hang of it.
For example, You have ground beef – ask yourself "What things can I make with that?" When I buy a protein at the grocery store, I already know that I will use it at least two different ways that week.
This week we are going to talk about ground meat – I've got several ways that I like to use it in meals. Number one we already know tacos! I'm a firm believer in the theory that pretty much anything could be a taco.
My second favorite way to eat ground meats: burgers! Who doesn't like burgers?
Greek flavor in a tasty burger package.
These Burgers Aren't Just Any Burger
They Are a MEDITERRANEAN flavor bomb – So GoOD!
I make my Greek Style burgers with half ground lamb and half ground grass-fed beef. You can adjust the ratio however you see fit – I love ground lamb, but it can have a strong flavor that not everyone appreciates.
This recipe has a lot of contrasting strong flavors. The garlic, oregano, and lemon really balance out the intense grassy flavor in the lamb. When all this flavor is paired with the most magnificent tzatziki you have ever had, there's no denying – it's a winning combo.
If you Need Some Extra Inspiration This Week – Look no Further!
The tzatziki is a must if you make this recipe. Top your delicious Greek Style burgers with this fresh and tangy sauce. Did you make meatballs? Then just dunk and bite! Greek meatballs served with either tzatziki or a roasted red pepper marinara... OMG! My mouth is watering right now.
The Greek Lasagna is not only low-carb and gluten-free, it also has the recipe for the roasted red pepper marinara in it. Guys, the Greek Lasagna is sooo tasty! I cannot urge you enough to make it right now!
The Chorizo Soup is another healthy and super flavorful way to use ground meat.
And to top things off, this Rocky Road Fudge takes 5 minutes to make. You seriously can't NOT make this!
All these recipes are linked below!
Greek Lamb Burgers
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until combined. I usually use my hands for this.
- Mini-Burgers – Use a #20 cookie scoop to portion out 24 burgers.
Pick One Cooking Method
- Bake: Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes @ 425℉. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Grill: Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Pan Fry: Wish skillet set to medium-high, cook each burger for approximately 2-3 minutes each side. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Full-Size Greek Burgers: Portion seasoned ground meat into larger burger sizes. Adjust cooking time to ensure proper doneness.
- Meatballs and Sauce: Portion our ground meat into meatball sized bites of deliciousness. Bake @425℉ for approximately 12 minutes. Add you a roasted red pepper tomato sauce.