These Moroccan Spiced Carrots are the perfect side and snack for those who like a little more twist than your average fare can give. They're perfectly crispy, tangy, sweet, and salty!
Why you need to make this recipe
- Quick: Just a few steps and you've achieved a delicious snack!
- Refreshing: These Moroccan Spiced Carrots are healthy and light—they won't keep you down.
- Flavorful: These carrots are sure to deliver, as they're full of spices like ground cumin, paprika, coriander, and turmeric.
Foodology Geek recipe notes
Step by step instructions
- Sauté: Peel and cut your carrots, then get them ready to sauté on high heat.
- Flavor: With your carrots still in the pan, toss in your spices. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store: Move your carrots into a container that you plan to store them in. Before putting them in the fridge, add your vinegar and lemon juice, along with the sugar and parsley, so they get nice and pickley as they wait for your return.
FAQs and helpful tips
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These carrots should keep for at least two weeks!
Pickled Moroccan Carrots
- Saute carrots in avocado oil for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add spices.
- Remove and place into a glass bowl.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and parsley. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate. Serve as a side or on top of hummus.