These Moroccan Spiced Carrots are the perfect side and snack for those who like a little more twist than your average fare can give. They're perfectly crispy, tangy, sweet, and salty!
Why you need to make this recipe
- Quick: Just a few steps and you've achieved a delicious snack!
- Refreshing: These Moroccan Spiced Carrots are healthy and light—they won't keep you down.
- Flavorful: These carrots are sure to deliver, as they're full of spices like ground cumin, paprika, coriander, and turmeric.
What You Need to Make Pickled Carrrots
- Carrots peeled sliced on the diagonal.
- Spices: coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric, and parsley.
- Avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
Step by step instructions
- Sauté: Peel and cut your carrots, then get them ready to sauté on high heat.
- Flavor: With your carrots still in the pan, toss in your spices. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store: Move your carrots into a container that you plan to store them in. Before putting them in the fridge, add your vinegar and lemon juice, along with the sugar and parsley, so they get nice and pickley as they wait for your return.
FAQs and helpful tips
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These carrots should keep for at least two weeks.
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going in your kitchen. Show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a 5 ★ review and a comment!
- Saute the sliced carrots in avocado oil for about 5-8 minutes.
- Place the sauteed carrots into a large glass bowl. Add the spices, the sugar, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add the fresh parsley, then toss to coat.,
- Cover and refrigerate. Allow the carrots to marinate for 24 hours before serving.