I suppose that it's fitting to have a day dedicated to sweets in early Fall. I mean, with Halloween on the horizon quickly followed by the most significant American eating holiday of the year - Thanksgiving - it does make a certain amount of sense. Then in case that wasn't enough, we get to December - the month of non-stop holiday parties, cookies, and eating!
As it is Dessert Day, we thought it would be fitting to honor the commitment to help you be prepared - in this case for the season of sugar!
What have we got?
To date, we've got quite a collection of dessert options. And, we are also adding more each week!
- Sour Cream Cheesecake – probably the most beautiful dessert in the collection.
- Berry Pavlova – the second most beautiful, but then again I'm biased as it is also my favorite!
- Chocolate Pots de Creme – sure to impress at your next party and so easy.
- Chocolate Pie – don't be fooled by the unassuming name. This is a flour-less chocolate cake with mousse filling.
- Banana Cream Pie - Rich, creamy, banana-y cream pie.
- Mocha Cake - Rich dark mocha cake with a light fluffy frosting.
Cakes and Cupcakes
- Banana Cake – one of our most popular posts ever (second only to the cheesecake above).
- Chocolate Mocha Cake – this is the easiest and tastiest chocolate cake you'll ever make.
- Halloween Glass Shard Cupcakes – you can make these for any occasion. (You might want to omit the blood!)
- St. Patrick's Day Car Bomb Cupcakes – these are as delicious in December as they are in March. What better season for a boozy cupcake, right?
- The Best Vanilla Cupcakes - Light, moist, and perfectly simple vanilla cupcakes.
- Apple Dumplings with Caramel Sauce – the perfect comfort food dessert for a cold day.
- Apple Crisp – a family favorite perfect for Fall.
- Campfire Fruit Crumble – use your stone fruit harvest for this dish! (It is hiding in the camping post.)
- Cherry Crumble with Almond Cream – cherries with toasted almond...what could be better?
- Fresh Strawberry Chia Pudding – if you're in the mood for something guilt free.
- Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Chocolate – these are the perfect cookie-exchange party cookie.
- Pecan Fingers – another great option for a cookie-exchange party, especially if you want something other than chocolate.
- Cascade Beach Chocolate Chip Cookies – choose these if you like a good, bendy, not too chocolaty cookie
- Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies – choose these if it's all about the chocolate and you think the statement above is heresy!