Did you know that today is Dessert Day?
I suppose that it’s fitting to have a day dedicated to sweets in early Fall. I mean with Halloween on the horizon quickly followed by the biggest American eating holiday of the year – Thanksgiving – it does make a certain amount of sense. Then in case that weren’t enough, we get to December – the month of non-stop holiday parties and eating!
At Foodology Geek we like to help you be prepared for your life, whether that is fueling for a workout, or making the perfect dish to serve your friends and family.
As it is Dessert Day, we thought it would be fitting to honor the commitment to help you be prepared – in this case for the season of sugar!
What have we got?
To date we’ve got quite a collection of dessert options. And, we are also adding more each week!
Wait aren’t we all about healthy eating here? We for sure believe in eating healthy. But we also believe in learning how to have a healthy relationship with food. Dessert is part of that. So enjoy a little indulgence sometimes and make sure when you do…IT’S TOTALLY WORTH IT!! Like this ridiculous cheesecake. #worthit
- Sour Cream Cheesecake – probably the most beautiful dessert in the collection.
- Berry Pavlova – the second most beautiful, but then again I’m biased as it is also my favorite!
- Chocolate Pots de Creme – sure to impress at your next party and so easy.
- Chocolate Pie – don’t be fooled by the unassuming name. This is a flour-less chocolate cake with mousse filling.
Cakes and Cupcakes
- Banana Cake – one of our most popular posts ever (second only to the cheesecake above).
- Chocolate Mocha Cake – this is the easiest and tastiest chocolate cake you’ll ever make.
- Halloween Glass Shard Cupcakes – you can make these for any occasion. (You might want to omit the blood!)
- St. Patrick’s Day Car Bomb Cupcakes – these are as delicious in December as they are in March. What better season for a boozy cupcake, right?
- Apple Dumplings with Caramel Sauce – the perfect comfort food dessert for a cold day.
- Apple Crisp – a family favorite perfect for Fall.
- Campfire Fruit Crumble – use your stone fruit harvest for this dish! (It is hiding in the camping post.)
- Cherry Crumble with Almond Cream – cherries with toasted almond…what could be better?
- Fresh Strawberry Chia Pudding – if you’re in the mood for something guilt free.
- Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Chocolate – these are the perfect cookie-exchange party cookie.
- Pecan Fingers – another great option for a cookie-exchange party, especially if you want something other than chocolate.
- Cascade Beach Chocolate Chip Cookies – choose these if you like a good, bendy, not too chocolaty cookie
- Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies – choose these if it’s all about the chocolate and you think the statement above is heresy!
- Diary-Free Rocky Road Fudge – this fudge literally takes 5 minutes to make!
- Butter Toffee – a holiday classic worthy of being used as a hostess gift. Make it with or without the nuts.
- Rum Truffles – these also make a great gift, IF you can part with these chocolaty bites of happiness!
Subscribe with us so that you don’t miss a recipe as we get deeper into the holiday season!
Coming soon to the blog:
- Pies – Apple, Pumpkin and Pecan!
- Candy – Chocolate Almond Bark and Candied Citrus Peel!
- Cookies – Peppermint Meringues and Molasses Cookies made with Bacon Fat.
- Even, Vanilla Cupcakes!