Today is Mousse Day!
While a purist may shudder at the comparison, ‘Mousse’ can be considered a fancy French term for pudding. Much like ‘Crudite‘ is a veggie platter or ‘Charcuterie‘ is a reference to cured meat. At Foodology Geek one of our goals is to make cooking approachable. Hey, if that means simply translating fancy French culinary words, we’re happy to help!
Seriously we’ve got some yummy puddings and mousses (mice?) on our site! Check them out!
The Chia Puddings we have are also vegan – gluten and dairy free! Heck depending upon how strict you are about chocolate, agave and honey – some may even consider them Paleo.
- Chocolate Chia Pudding – in the post below… Jump to Recipe
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Chai Latte Chia Pudding – how hipster is that!? Chai and Chia in the same recipe! 🙂
These chia pudding recipes are also pretty endlessly versatile.
You can switch up the fruit. Use blueberries, raspberries or mango…banana or even pineapple! Also, don’t let the collagen peptides scare you away from the Chai Latte version. Simply omit them if you aren’t looking for the protein/collagen boost.
- Or, if you want to channel the true French interpretation of pudding…Chocolate Pots de Creme (aka Mousse!)
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Add chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to Vitamix.
- Blend until the chocolate is evenly incorporated.
- Pour over chia seeds, whisk.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk again and then pour into 6 containers. Refrigerate for a few hours, until set up before serving.