This Spicy, Cheesy, Dip recipe is the ultimate dip! It’s creamy and spicy and full of shredded buffalo chicken. This dip is a favorite low carb appetizer dip in our house. If you have a lot of men around the house, you might want to double this recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Disclaimer: This post does contain Amazon affiliate links. Please see my Affiliate Link Policy
If you know anything about me, you probably know that I love wing sauce. Just the mere thought of chicken slathered in that spicy orange sauce is enough to make my mouth water.
This easy appetizer dip has all of the flavors of buffalo chicken wings in a creamy, cheesy dip. What’s not to love here?
What goes into Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Cook chicken, cool, and then shred.
You have a few different options here. You will need about two and a half cups of shredded chicken.
I usually make a double batch of chicken in the Instant Pot and save any leftover chicken for meal prep or a batch of buffalo chicken egg rolls.
- Rotisserie chicken is a great option if you’re short on time or don’t have leftover chicken in the fridge.
- Instant Pot chicken. Use a few teaspoons of my Buffalo Spice Mix and cook three of four chicken breasts in the Instant Pot and then shred them. (you might not need all of the meat)
- Boiled chicken. Season the water with the Buffalo Chicken Seasoning and simmer the chicken breasts until they are cooked through. Cool. Then shred.
- Canned Chicken can also be used in a pinch. Just drain the liquid before adding it to the pan.
Stir in the cream cheese and sour cream.
Cheese, Glorious Cheese!
This dip has so much delicious cheese.
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Blue Cheese
PLUS: Garlic, Sour Cream, and Green Onions, and Franks Red Hot Sauce
Add the blue cheese and the green onions after you take the dip out of the oven.
That’s it. This dip is the best buffalo chicken dip and because I’m sure you know a few people eating low carb or keto. This dip is a keto buffalo chicken dip.
How to make buffalo chicken dip
I always make this dip in my cast iron pan because I love the way it looks when it’s served.
This dip can be served warm or at room temperature.
You can make this as a crockpot buffalo chicken dip if you prefer to keep it warm.
- Start by adding the garlic and butter to your pan. Sauté the garlic for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken and toss to coat in the garlic butter.
- Add the Franks Red Hot Sauce. Use about a half of a cup to start. You can add more if you want your dip spicier.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream, stir together until everything is well mixed.
- Top with the shredded cheese. I gently mix-in just the top of the shredded cheese in. (check out the video to see what I mean)
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Top with blue cheese and sliced green onions.
- Serve with veggies and chips.
How to make a buffalo cheese dip in the crockpot
- Add everything to the crockpot.
- Heat on high until everything is hot.
- Reduce the temperature and serve inside the crockpot of desired.
Other Game Day Recipes that you’ll love
Did you make this recipe? If you loved it, make sure you leave a 5-star review and a comment! 👇
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Shredded chicken
- ½ cup Franks Red Hot You can add more if you want it spicier
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 2 tbsp green onions
- Carrots Cut on the diagonal, like chips
- Celery Cut into sticks
- Tortilla Chips
- Potato Chips
- Cast Iron Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the garlic and butter to the cast iron pan.
- Sauté the garlic in the butter until it is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, stir to coat.
- Add Frank's Red Hot Sauce, stir to combine.
- Add the cream cheese and the sour cream, mix to combine.
- Add the shredded cheese on top. Gently mix in the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and the green onions to the top.
- Serve with veggies and chips.